Saturday, June 1, 2024

Walnut Circle Maze Puzzle Box by Kagen Sound - 2018


I recently acquired this awesome creation by Kagen.  It features a circular maze with a corresponding pin that needs to be navigated in order to solve.  Kagen’s work is truly flawless and quite breathtaking.  There were four different versions in this series, each having a run of 250.  This particular puzzle box #230 was crafted using Walnut and is the easiest solve in the series, however the dead ends kept me guessing and retracing my steps until I ultimately reached the end and retrieved the ‘medallion’!

The ‘Medallion’ maze piece has a very nice heft and the overall feel of this puzzle box is superb!


I’ve only ever had one other puzzle box crafted by Kagen that I directly purchased from him which was his ‘Jewel Box’ from 2006.


Steve has an excellent blog review that covers the origins of this very unique puzzle box.  It is a must read!


Here’s Kagen’s description:


“This is the easiest of the four circle maze boxes. It features a rotating stainless steel maze in a Walnut box. A small pin must be navigated to the center of the maze to unlock the box.”






No comments:

Post a Comment