Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Saturn’s Hexagon - Stewart Coffin #X-83-X by Bart Buie

This is a curious puzzle because currently Stewart’s latest Compendium only details up to Design #X-83 and it clearly describes cubes in a jar.  I will have to let it go at that until I find out more info.  There is a mention of a design called ‘Final Exam’, perhaps this is it?


This puzzle has been expertly crafted by Bart using spheres.  Pieces need to be assembled into a shape that then needs to fit in this amazing Hexagon Box and subsequently placing the lid on it!






I think it’s fitting that I should quote Stewart with his dream mentioned at the close of his latest updated Compendium:  


“Parting Shot


I had the strangest dream the other night. As I gingerly approached The Gates, I found myself confronted by Saint Peter with his dreaded entrance exam in hand. 

“Well my son,” he asked, “what have you to show for the life you have led?” 

And I replied: “Well, I suppose I did have a hand, so to speak, in bringing three wonderful daughters into the world.”

“Yes, we know all about that. Anything else?” “Not a helluva a lot. Oh well, I do like to think of myself as the creator of AP-ART.”  “Sure, we know all about that too. But of what significance might 

that be in terms of overall human destiny?”  “Ah yes, I’ve often wondered about that myself. I truly gave it my 

best effort. I suppose only time will tell.”

“Good answer. And I see you’ve brought some of your creations along with you. Might we have a look?”  He takes a look. 

“I wonder if we might have a simple one to play with here at The Gates when times get slack. How about that one? It certainly appears to be the easiest of the lot.”  So I handed Martin’s Menace to Pete (disassembled of course), continued on my way, and vanished into oblivion up amongst the clouds.”

No comments:

Post a Comment