Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The Plus Packing by BAZ


I received this puzzle from Jeff in my latest order and it really shows off his puzzle making skills!

I’m a big fan of tray puzzles so this one was a really nice surprise, thanks Jeff.


This particular copy has a Walnut tray with a mix of exotic woods used in the pieces.


I strongly urge you to head on over to  BAZ to see all that he has available.


“The Plus is a Tetris inspired, volumetric packing puzzle with a piece in the shape of a plus symbol using Black Walnut. Its a simple 6x6 single layer packing puzzle that's really meant to get people introduced into wooden puzzles. All of the pieces are pentominoes pieces with the last voxel being a fixed block in the tray. There is only one solution.


This packing puzzle is a culmination of 7 unique pieces and made from reclaimed woods from my workshop; some exotic, some common, but all of it would have been destined to the scrap pile. The wooden tray is made from reclaimed 2x4's that I used for event booth builds pre-pandemic. The puzzle is about 3.5 x 3.5 x 1 inches. I have designed the puzzle to give new life to the "less than perfect" pieces from other projects to make something beautiful, unique and fun!”






No comments:

Post a Comment